You'll love this tour if you like:
- Gastranomy - Lyon is thought of as France's gastronomic capital
- Characterful hotels - try a converted 15th century chateau
- Glorious scenery - you will be surrounded by lakes and mountains
- Spa towns - Aix-les-Bains is wonderfully elegant
- Benedictine abbeys - explore atmospheric Hautecombe
- Historic cities - Chambery has a colourful history
This delightful tour visits one of France’s most distinctive and beautiful areas, the mountainous Savoie region together with its atmospheric second city, Lyon, famed for its cuisine.
Our Savoie by rail tour, travelling by Eurostar and TGV, also includes the highlights of the delightful town of Chambéry, Annecy and its stunning lake, the charming mountain town of Grenoble, and historic Lyon. We also visit the charming lakeside spa town of Aix-les-Bains and the nearby Benedictine Monastery, the Abbaye d'Hautecombe.
LUGGAGE TO YOUR HOTEL
Travel Editions recommends a luggage delivery service called thebaggageman, where your suitcase can be picked up from your home before departure and delivered straight to your hotel; therefore removing the worry about carrying your cases onto and off the trains. Please click here for more information and we have arranged a 10% discount exclusive to Travel Editions clients off the thebaggageman service. Tel: 01844 264890
Click here for explanation of the footprint symbols
Click here to open a print-friendly version of this page